Love Heals All Things

Love Heals All Things

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Happily Ever After


You just know.” That’s the answer everyone gives you when you ask the question, “How will I know when I have met the person I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with?” That unanimous answer seemed very cliche to me. It offered no detailed explanation and no step by step directions for me to follow. However, I have to admit, I now find myself using the “you just know” phrase when I am asked how I knew Aaron was the one God had picked for me.

However, I will also point out several things that made it VERY clear that Aaron was the one: 

He has a strong faith and foundation built on God.
He listens WITHOUT judgement (and REALLY hears me).
He openly/freely expresses himself.
He did/does amazingly kind things for me with NO hidden intentions.
Communication is natural (and non-stop).
He always picks up on the little things that I like.
He cares about what is important to me.
He was excited for me to meet his family and friends and wanted to meet mine.
We have always shared very similar views/goals for our future.
He brings me closer to God.
My friends and family LOVE HIM.
He makes me the happiest I had ever been.
He constantly encourages me to grow and achieve my dreams.  
I can be myself (no-makeup needed).
He accepted me for who I was from day one… and loved me even more because of everything I had been through.
When I shared with him about my long struggle with Anorexia, he did not run or flinch. Instead, he learned. He read everything he could, bought a book, and asked questions so he could understand.
He made it very clear that he wanted to do life with me … every minute of the journey.

On July 22, 2013, my life changed forever. I was ready. He was ready. AND apparently, God was ready for us to meet too. After our first date at a cute European Coffee shop, we BOTH left that day knowing that one day we would marry each other. And we did. On New Year’s 2015 he asked me to be his wife, and on August 29th 2015 we became ONE.

Two weeks ago today, I married the love of my life. I have not stopped talking about the wedding since. Our wedding day was a whirlwind of emotion, gratitude, happiness, love, and PURE joy. And I will continue to thank God each and every day for blessing us with that fairy tale day.

Our goal from day one of planning our wedding was that we wanted people to feel our love, God’s presence, and to feel the deep amount of gratitude for each person that helped us get to where we are today ... to us, that is what made our day so incredibly special.

Aaron and I experienced many moments were God made it clear to us that He WAS there. Two of my favorite moments were when Aaron and I did our first look. There was no sun to be see, just clouds. But right as Aaron turned around to look at me after I tapped him on the shoulder, the sun shone so brightly. Then, during our ceremony, the most beautiful rumbles of thunder could be heard in the distance. Why thunder? There was not even a chance of rain that day. I, along with several others who heard it believe it was God saying, “Hello, I AM HERE.” And He was; the entire day. We hope you felt it too.

There are many things that made our wedding day the best day of my life …. And I would like to share a number of those:

I got to become Mrs. Boni.
I married my best friend and life partner.
I gained amazing friends and family through marriage.
We were surrounded by ALL of our INCREDIBLE friends and family.
My dad actually dressed up!
My best friends were by my side every step of the way; they are the most selfless and amazing women!
We had the best wedding crew EVER. A huge shout out to our officiant (traveling all the way from California), our venue staff, caterer, photographer, videographer, pianist, DJ, makeup artist, and hair stylists! You helped make the day EPIC!
I had the most amazing and selfless wedding attendant!
Our guests blessed us by helping us raise money for the Kirsten Haglund Foundation in lieu of wedding gifts. I pray that someone else is now able to find the gift of life, freedom, and healing like I was so blessed to find through their help! The Haglund’s and their amazing foundation changed my life forever. Thank you to each and every person who selflessly gave. You have made such a big difference!

Some of my favorite moments from the wedding include:

Putting on my dress, veil, and jewelry! Long awaited!
My first look with Aaron (I was so nervous)
My first look with my daddy (Priceless moment)
Getting ready with my girls all day
Our practice rehearsal of my dad giving me away …. He did not want to practice this! It was sweet (tears)!
Walking down the aisle to my husband
The beautiful rumbles of thunder during the ceremony
Reading our vows we had written to each other
Our first dance as husband and wife (God Gave Me You)
My father daughter dance with my daddy (My Little Girl)
Speeches (I cried through every one of them… even my own)
The presence of Jesus 

I love my husband with my whole heart and I am filled with such excitement as I ponder what the Lord has planned for us as husband and wife. I pray his plan includes starting a family, but I know whatever it is, I will have my best friend by my side for eternity.

Thank you to my husband for teaching me to love and be loved unconditionally. Thank you for being willing to pray outrageous prayers with me. And thank you, for choosing me. I will choose you every single day, all over again, for the rest of my life. 















Thank you Jesus for this life you have graciously given me!


No comments:

Post a Comment